Monday, February 29, 2016

There's still hope!



So the other night, as I'm getting ready for bed, Dave just happens to mention that the qualifying window for the 50K for the team to Rome wasn't closed.   I said, "WHAT!?!?!"  I thought the qualifying window closed as of the Olympic Trials and thus my hopes of continuing the fight to be on the men's team was over.  But alas!  This is not true!  The qualifying window closes March 20!!!!

There's still hope!

I'm currently trying to find someone to host a 50K race in the US.  I have some feelers out and a few more people I can beg and plead to do it.  If that doesn't work then there is the international 50K in Dudince.  I have no idea if they'd allow me to race.  Luckily I know someone from Slovakia who's a race walker that I'm going to ask to translate for me.  They could say yes, they could say no.  Hopefully I'll find something in the US so I don't have to travel.  But if I do then I can, because I got the prize money from 2015 50K nationals.  Hazzah for prize money! 

There's 20 days before the close of the qualifying period.  I have three more weeks to finish resting from the last 50K and get ready for the next one.  It's kind of crazy, but I've worked too hard for too many years not to give it everything I have.  I do think if the weather had been more favorable I could've gotten the time, so I believe if I have another shot in good conditions, even with having raced a hard 50K four weeks before I can do it.

Time for hardcore recovery and hardcore training!

No comments:

Post a Comment