Tuesday, February 2, 2016

St. George - Week four done!



I'm a few days late with my summary, but nonetheless, here it is!

The week didn't end up how I wanted it, but I made due with what I could, and still had a high mileage week, it was just more of it was cross training than I would've liked.

Monday I had a nice recovery day, and 8K walk and the aqua class.

Tuesday may have been my single best day of training in St. George.  It was double speed and weight day.  In the morning I did a 10K fartlek in 50:26.  It never felt fast either, I always felt like I was just pacing, so I'm quite happy with that, and my last interval was my fastest by far.  In the afternoon I did 30x30/30 which for me means 30 seconds all out sprint and 30 seconds recovery.  I find when I'm really feeling good my recovery can still be a fairly fast RW.  I did it around the streets of the neighborhood, which is definitely rolling.  For my 30 minutes of intervals I went 6.18K!  I felt like I was really able to push my fast sections very well.  This workout is supposed to really be good for efficiency.  After that I did my usual weight workout and man, was I toasted.

Wednesday was a very needed easy day after Tuesday, going for a nice 8K run and then aqua class. 

Thursday I did a very solid 33K walk.  The last 7.5K was rough, as it was all uphill heading back home.  It still wasn't too fast, but it wasn't at the nice clip I was rolling at.  Had I not been heading uphill for a while at my 30K split it would've been quite close to my fastest 30K workout in St. George.

So that part of the week went super, it was mainly after that things fell apart a little bit. 

Friday I was pretty tired, that 7.5K uphill really wiped me out.  I did a 5K and it was quite slow.  I had a second massage of the week, and she really worked my muscles deep.  I was feeling a bit sore and beat up so I didn't do a second workout for the day.

Saturday I went out for my speed session and just had nothing in my body.  I stopped after 3K just super frustrated.  I decided to go for a hike to get out and clear my head out and enjoy the nice weather and scenery.  It was exactly what I needed.  I was able to put things back in perspective and talk to Dave for quite a while.

Sunday was a long walk, but after starting out at slower than 6:30 per K pace, I wasn't going to beat my body that way.  So I went back and changed and went to the gym and spent 3.5 hours on a combination of the elliptical and the rowing machine.  Then did a really tough 35 minutes of ab work. 

So I totaled almost 100 miles for the week, if you count cross training, which I do.  I'm still making progress and still staying focused.  Three weeks til the 50K!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment