Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Count down to the big race! Also known as depression week.



Time is getting near for the big race.  Training is done, tapering is starting.  Less mileage this week.  This starts the timeframe where many times before big races I get super depressed.  I was never sure why, but I would get so down, and couldn't figure out why.   I should be really excited for the race, but instead I would be sad, down, and have no desire to do anything.  With the help of my chiropractor back home last year we figured out that since I'm tapering and not workout out as much I'm not getting the endorphin levels I normally get, that's what throws me into a funk.  It was such a revelation!  So we looked up ways to keep things on a natural high when I'm tapering.  So far this has been a very successful taper.  I warned my hosts that this might happen and they've been awesome at helping me stay busy and entertained. 

Friday we binge-watched Mozart in the Jungle.
Saturday we had a nice little dinner party which was awesome.
Sunday we saw the parade of homes and saw some crazy expensive houses.  Then I went to an art show and got some really fun art stuff for the house.  Some of our first real artwork!


Monday I went out to lunch with my friend. 

Tuesday I went out to lunch and we had dinner with friends.  I spent lots of time reading and relaxing and having fun!  She surprised me with a finish line, but she beat me to it....

I still find times where I'm getting down, but it's much more manageable than in years before.  And Thursday will be the best day!  The day I get to see my sweetie!  I can't wait! 

So I will continue to get ready.  Hopefully by Sunday I'll be rip-roaring ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment