Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wish me luck!

Today I will attempt to do a slow RW/Centurion walk for 60K.  I'm guessing it will take me between 7 to 7.5 hours.  This will be my longest ever training walk and probably my longest walk before the Isle of Man race.  I'll probably do one or two more 40Ks before then, but I think this might well do it for long ones.  I'll practice eating, drinking, trying new foods, and seeing how well (or not) I keep on pace.  I'm planning on doing it in Marvin park, which right now is a little over a 1K loop.  It's where we will hold our Centurion walk in 2016 (although by then we will have a modification to the road so that it can be an exact measurement.).  I'll be able to get aid close to when I will in the Isle of Man and I won't have to carry a lot of stuff with me.


My legs have basically recovered from Sunday, they feel great, but there's still a little swelling down near my ankles.  But I did 30K of training yesterday (some cross training) and they felt okay, and I did a modified speed session where I was able to do a 1:48 400.  So fingers crossed everything goes well, both physically and mentally!  If you're bored today (July 15th) between noon and 7:00 to 7:30 EST, send me some happy thoughts!

And just because I want to include a picture, here's what the sky looked like just as I was finishing my workout last night.

 
 
 
PS.  The title of my blog post for today will actually be the subject of another post.  I don't really think that luck will get me through this workout, but it's just the socially accepted wording for such a situation.


2 comments:

  1. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Getting ready to go soon. Lots to prepare :)

      Delete