Friday, March 11, 2016

One week to go, new associations, exciting things on the horizon

I made it to South Carolina!  It's hot!  Holy cow!  Luckily it gets hot later in the afternoon and it's supposed to cool off by next weekend.  I've settled in nicely, and got a solid 30K in on Thursday, my last long one before the race.  It went fine for the course.  I felt a little beat up, but stayed decently strong throughout.  Today though I felt pretty awful and decided a trip to the chiropractor was in order.  Boy am I glad I did.  I was WAAAAYYYY out!  I feel like a whole different person right now.  Whew!  I have two bodywork appointments for next week; one Monday and one Friday, so I should be good to go.  Now that my body is in the correct alignment I think the stretching will be much more useful.  That's one way I can sometimes tell when I'm out or going out, I'll get tighter and tighter and it feels like stretching doesn't do any good.  Now that things are in the right spot I can get some good stretching/yoga in.  

It's great being down here and really focusing on training and getting ready for the race.  As I'm typing the Sydney Olympics is on the TV, so watching the best 50K walkers in the world battle it out.

This weekend is a weekend full of excitement:  AJ is racing at New Balance Indoor Nationals tomorrow and then the Hershey meet the following day.  He's ready to go, mentally and physically, so I'm excited to hear how he does.  USATF indoor nationals is tomorrow, so it'll be great to see how everyone does.  and the IAAF has a meeting where on the agenda is women's 50K walking.  Obviously I can't wait to hear how that meeting goes.  And what was exciting was during China's race last weekend there were three women who raced 50K!  Well, there were four, but one DNF'ed.  I think it's a huge step to have a powerhouse such as China get some women involved in the 50K.  I think that's major progress and very exciting.

And for more exciting news, I'm very proud to announce a partnership with AthleteBiz!  They are dedicated to helping athletes gain publicity and exposure and help fund their dreams.  Please visit my site and take a look and tell me what you think.  The extra exciting thing is you'll see a link to my storefront.  This will take you to Running Warehouse, a great place to buy shoes, clothes, watches, nutrition, basically all your workout needs!  If you go to their site via my storefront and buy things then I will receive a percentage of what you spend!  No strings attached!  They also have a great clearance section with shoes.  Please visit, take a look for some things you've been meaning to stock up on, and help me out in the progress. 

https://www.athletebiz.us/erin-taylor-talcott

And I have one more exciting thing to announce.....  but I'm not going to announce it yet.  There's still a bit more to do for preparation, but I'm so incredibly excited about it.  And no, I'm not pregnant (since whenever a woman says they have an announcement that's the first thing people seem to think of...)  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment