Thursday, September 3, 2015

MRI

Tonight at 8:15 I go in for an MRI to see if I have any stress fractures in my leg. I'm very lucky that my health care professional knows me and knows what I do and it didn't take much to convince her.  None of the usual, well, just let it rest for a while.  She knows I only come in when something is very serious.  It also helped that I had advice from my chiropractor suggesting I get an MRI too.  So they convinced our insurance it's necessary and even managed to find me a same day appointment!   I'm not sure how long it will take to get results, but I'm hoping tomorrow.

I haven't had luck race walking lately but I have been able to cross train a lot.  It seems it's just when I'm really using my shin muscle that it starts to hurt.   So elliptical is fine, cycling, rowing, and even the one time I ran on it a little didn't hurt.  Squats and such don't bother it either.  I've started going to a cross fit style gym and having a blast.  There are some seriously strong people there!  Strong and fit!  It's really motivating to see what I can do.  The coach there keeps saying he's impressed with how strong I am for someone who hasn't done these moves before, which is a nice little boost to my ego :)  And he says I'm a really fast learner.  Since I'm not doing much walking right now it's really nice to still be able to get out there and work really hard and sweat a lot! 

 

We're making progress on the bunkhouse.  It slowed down a little because there were just so many things around the house that we had been neglecting.  Tomorrow I will can up a BUNCH of tomatoes, so that'll be great in our pantry.  Next after that is apple sauce.  Apples are falling off the trees and our massive store of apple sauce from two years ago is officially gone.  So I need to get on that! 

We got a new shipment of baby chicks yesterday, they're super cute, as they are at that age.  The cats are happy with lots of mice to chase and bugs to eat.  The cows are super happy because I throw them apples to eat.  Dave has been having some great workouts and getting stronger and faster.  My other athletes are working hard and seeing improvements, which always makes me really happy. 

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a report on the MRI, until then I'm going to stay as positive as I can and do all the strength work that sometimes gets undone because there just isn't enough time in the day.  Fingers crossed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment